Keighley & Airedale Business Awards 2018……and the winner is???
Is 2018 our Award Winning Year?
We decided that after 8 years of building the Corporate and Commercial business and a couple of decades of hard work, we’d ‘throw our hat into the ring’ for our local business awards, the Keighley & Airedale Business Awards.
Turns out it was a bumper year for award entries and all of a high standard. So we are delighted to have been shortlisted in the Best Legal/Financial Business of the Year category. We are up against tough competition but remain positive.
Below is our submission which we hope you will find interesting and perhaps useful if you are considering entering for your local business awards:
KA&BA 2018 Entry
Corporate and Commercial credit solutions limited, was incorporated in 2010, with the desire to help small business succeed in controlling their time and money.
Our mission – Deliver effective, successful credit control services to business owners. Releasing valuable time, securing essential cash-flow and enabling profitable growth.
Owner managed businesses are our target market because they have a need to save time, team and money. We help through:
- Credit Control – We monitor client invoices and ensure they’re paid on time, in a professional manner. We remove the anxiety business owners face when chasing their customers for money.
- Debt Recovery – We issue all appropriate demands, facilitate mediation and secure settlement of monies. This detachment to a third party allows the client to focus on other priorities.
Founder and funster Rob Lewis has over 20 successful years’ ensuring his clients businesses survive and thrive. Solving client problems, providing opportunities and offering common sense advice to all, on the subjects of credit control, debt recovery and cash flow.
Over the past 18 months we have moved into commercial accommodation. The team has grown from two to five. Turnover has increased and profit has doubled.
The Story so far
In 2016, driven by a desire to position ourselves as the trusted choice for local business, we revisited our company strategy.
Finding time to analyse the business was difficult but very productive as it ensured we:
- Refined our service offering ensuring it remained relevant.
- Improved service delivery, using technology and training.
- Re-priced services to ensuring both value for money and profitability.
- Formalised the scheduled and measured marketing plan by :
- Identifying new markets
- Created a segmentation model
- Built a new website
- Developed an integrated communication plan (Web, Email, Social Media, Networking, Print…)
- Set up our people plan and redefined the recruitment process.
- Established training needs and developed a reward and recognition structure.
- Began commitment to charitable causes.
In the past year we are proud that Corporate and Commercial have :
- Experienced planned growth.
- Moved from garden office to double the size commercial accommodation.
- Increased our team from two to five, providing local employment.
- Grown the credit control client base by 100%.
- Increased turnover by almost 20%.
- Profits have doubled.
We purposely have a diversity of experience and skillsets within the Corp and Comm team. They are the driving force behind our continued success.
Our team credentials :
- Experience in both private and public sector.
- Multi industry expertise.
- Known history of managing 1000’s of people.
- Worked nationally and internationally.
- Fists full of highly regarded qualifications.
Over Corp and Comm’s 8 years we have successfully grown our business. This is a great achievement considering the economic, political and social challenges during that period.
We’re a Keighley ‘born and bred’ business, proud of our local reputation. We employ local people and support our community through business contribution, networking and charitable activity.
Simply, we want to be a successful business contributing to a successful town.
This award would represent independent acknowledgement that Corp and Comm have forged a successful business with a strong future and be recognition to our team for their hard work and commitment.
To be recognised by the local business community would be a highlight in our journey so far.
Comments are closed